[Sca-cooks] Military training

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 21 21:21:44 PDT 2006

> I have wondered though how SCA techniques would work against the
> lighter-weight riot shields with little windows I see in various news
> photographs.

You might want to discuss this with Koris Natterhelm or Johnathan de
Laufyson.  Since riot shields are mostly for protection against improvised
projectiles, they are normally used in a skirmish line (as opposed to a
tortuga) and the police aren't usually prepared to fight an old fashioned
melee, the basic SCA techniques should have the initial advantage.  In the
long term, the police would have the advantage in manpower and firepower.

Or whether trebs and catapults with modern incendiaries
> would work against state terrorism such as the Israeli bulldozers.
>
> Stefan

Too big and cumbersome, since you're talking about squaring off against an
organization with air support.  Bulldozers are more likely to lose to a guy
with a shotgun, wire cutters, improvised or professionally manufactured
demolition munitions, and the will to kick the opposition in the teeth.

Bear