[Sca-cooks] OOP: Smothered Chicken...

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 25 10:01:54 PDT 2006

> I'm interested in the sorta-kinda-archetypal dish of steak
> smothered in onions, and any relationship it may or may not
> have to other smothered dishes, such as chicken (which I
> gather is somewhat similar to some people's concept of a
> fricassee), and pork chops (which appear to be a basic braise).

Quintessential requirements for smothered chicken in my family:
Campbell Cream of _____ Soup (most often Celery for smothered chicken)
and final cooking in the baking oven.  Any form of onions optional in
this dish.

(I'm at the apartment for lunch, may have more on the original question
later.)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
MCBaker216 at cs.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |