[Sca-cooks] Pennsic history

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Aug 1 08:20:27 PDT 2006

> had a cop say so much as "boo".  I also see lots of people in the City
> of Pittsburgh with trinkets hanging off of their rear-view mirrors
> that are definitely blocking their view (Mardi Gras Beads,
> dreamcatchers, fuzzy dice...).  I'd be curious to find out what the
> law actually says, as vs. what the urban legends say.

PA Code:
75 Pa.C.S. . 4524 (2005) subsection:

"   (c) OTHER OBSTRUCTION.-- No person shall drive any motor vehicle
with any object or material hung from the inside rearview mirror or
otherwise hung, placed or attached in such a position as to materially
obstruct, obscure or impair the driver's vision through the front
windshield or any manner as to constitute a safety hazard."

Sounds like it's one of those 'judgement call' things, I'm afraid.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net