[Sca-cooks] Sugar problems

Dan Brewer danqualman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:38:08 PDT 2006

High fructose corn syrup has a property that turns of the I am full feeling
when consumed.  So you get the added calories from consuming the high
fructose corn syrup and continue to eat.  Since most soft drinks contain
high fructose corn syrup we tend to eat more when consuming a soft drink.
Natural sugars as aposed to refined sugar all do this to us.  Natural sugars
( from fruit) are better for someone who is diabetic.  Our body doesn't
instantly react to them .  So if you need to watch your blood sugar levels
stay clear of any thing with high fructose corn syrup in it.  Stay hydrated
and eat often but in small amounts.

Dan in Auburn
I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV