[Sca-cooks] 'Tis the Season (for produce, not sillies)

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Thu Aug 3 12:24:05 PDT 2006

I am in the process of turning all of my email groups to No Email, but
wanted to throw something out here before I leave.

Gas prices and post-Katrina impacts have made food prices here very
high.  More and more it becomes a Really Good Idea to buy locally and
seasonally.  We are now at the peak of summer produce, and we've talked
here recently about what is local for Georgia right now.

What about those of you staying home - what is local, seasonal, and
cheap where you are right now?  It is a much more medieval concept than
living one place and producing a meal that would have been eaten
somewhere else.

Have fun, you stay-at-homes in your a/c - think of us in tents.  We'll
do our best to muddle through, of course ;)

See y'all in a couple of weeks!
Christianna