[Sca-cooks] Silly Season Starts August 4

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 3 16:30:04 PDT 2006

> > 1:  What are Mario Nebbits' favorite ways to eat a Twinkie?

Mario would tell us, but he's OUT OF OFFICE.

> > 2:  Rachel Ray, Bobby Flay, Sandra Lee or Michael Chiraello, who is
> > the best chef on FoodTV?

Of that crew? Michael Chiraello by a long margin.
BTW, awesome Iron Chef battle last week with Mario Battali
versus two very top notch chefs.

Booby Flay....just WHAT kind of extortion materials does he
have on the powers that be at Food Network?

There was a great hour long show on the making of Good Eats
last night.

> > 3:  Cream of Chicken vs. Cream of Mushroom, which is the One True
> > Lutheran Binder?

Cream of Mushroom. Cream of Chicken is nasty!

>Selene

New question: There has been discovered a hot chocolate recipe
in Spain that is very close to what the modern palate considers
hot chocolate. Now, do we tell the rest of the SCA about this or
keep it tightly under wraps in order to avoid the avalanche of
chocolate dishes that will suddenly emerge now that "milk chocolate
is period"?

(Personally, I think we put the recipe in a crate and store it next
to the Arc of the Covenent)

Gunthar