[Sca-cooks] A message for the silly season....

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 6 15:49:48 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
>> Heck, if it looks spectacular enough, I could submit it to the show
>> producers to see if they wat to try making a mess or showing the
>> process working or whatever.
>>
>> niccolo the stunt chef
>
> Don't try this at home, ladeez an' gennulmen... these are trained
> professionals.
>
> Adamantius\

A trained professional who could get his hiney fired if they catch him at
this.  I am EXTREMELY dubious, but I'm the one who got hot oil burns on the
face from an exploding =Scotch= egg.  [Thank goodness for myopia, if I had
not been wearing glasses the outcome might have been grimmer.]

Any road, that being said:  Stand way back, preferably behind a wall, and
have video running.

Selene > > > > > > > > >

Fear not.  I own the restaurant and have insurance for the building <VBG>.
I'll try to get a video camera to document my trials.  I might even get some
volunteers to assist me.  I have the appropriate equipment to protect self
and building from disaster (like a lid to throw down on the fryer when I
drop the basket).  We are talking about a 40# floor fryer and not those
whimpy counter-top models that take three weeks to recover temperature.  It
promises to be either boring or spectacular!

niccolo difrancesco
(I'm also trying out alfredo recipes this week, too.  Need a great one fit
for batch production for the shop.)