[Sca-cooks] sugar problems

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Sun Aug 6 16:25:30 PDT 2006

Duriel, I tend to agree that the "average weight" and BMI index scales are a
load of crap.  According to both scales, and every doctor I have ever seen,
I am severely underweight.  The drs have demanded that I go on this and that
diet to gain weight, with no change in my weight.  I can eat twice the
normal caloric intake for the average person, sit on my backside all day,
and not gain an ounce.  I have a hyperactive metabolism.  Due to the fact
that I have issues off and on with Hypoglycemia, I tend to eat a very
healthy diet, and watch what I eat very closely.  I do not use sugar
substitutes, as research has shown that most of them tend to cause more
problems than they solve.  Metabolism has a major impact on whether a person
can gain or lose weight.  If your metabolism is too high, you burn more
calories than you consume, regardless of your activity level.  If your
metabolism is too slow, you can exercise more than a professional athlete
and eat just enough to keep you alive and still burn too few calories to
lose weight.  Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot most of us can do to
change our metabolism, and this IS genetic.

Elizabeta