[Sca-cooks] Alfredo

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 11:33:34 PDT 2006

The alfredo sauce that I made last night was butter,
some of the reserved liquid from cooking the noodles,
cream, parmesan, and ground pepper.  I have never made
it before because my husband is a low-carb kinda guy
and generally will eat just the meat and the veggies.
If I made noodles for myself it's usually just been
noodles with a pat of butter or tossed in olive oil.
I was in cooking mode yesterday and after spending
time cruising around epicurious came up with some
recipes that sounded quite interesting.  I also
realized that after cooking and working with food for
so long I really should give alfredo a try.  ;)

I found the ingredient list for the bottled stuff
found on my local grocery store shelves, this is the
kind that my friend swears by and I find horribly
wrong.  Others may find it quite tasty, but I'm afraid
that I don't.  Blech...

INGREDIENTS: Cream, Water, Parmesan Cheese (Cultured
Part Skim Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Enzyme Modified Egg
Yolks, Modified Corn Starch, Salt, Butter, Sugar,
Xanthan Gum, Roasted Garlic Puree, Black Pepper,
Natural Flavors (Including Onion), Lactic Acid, Corn
Syrup Solids, Soybean Oil. ALLERGENS: Dairy, Egg, Soy

Eibhlin