[Sca-cooks] Alfredo

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 8 11:52:33 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
> I'm feeling your stickle.  I am also of the same opinion regarding
> construction of alfredo.  Problem I have is that people with money
> to spend on pasta and sauce have a completely different conceptualization
> via the mass market in the US.   SNIP  > > > >

Oh, I certainly wouldn't stickle [I _guess_ that can be a verb] . . . SNIP >

Sure it can be a verb:  stickler: (n.) one who stickles (v.).

There is a line that should be clearly drawn between the canonical elegant
preparation using an basic emultion technique and the derivations for mass
production and convenience.  Not even counting the powdered mixes, one of
which I am trying out tonight just for curiosity sake.

niccolo difrancesco