[Sca-cooks] marshmallows

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Aug 29 06:21:18 PDT 2006

Heh. My ex (who admittedly is not the sharpest knife in the drawer)
discovered the hard way that 'toasting' a marshmallow over the burner of a
gas stove is not the smartest thing to do. It tastes funny, and when you
close your lips around the fondue fork (!), they go TSST and then you have
a blister...

For me, I like them almost black, with the coast slipped off and toasting
the next layer until the middle won't stay on the stick anymore. Best
served with a wee bit of sand, a beer, and a lovely sunset in front of you
and the dunes behind you...

'Lainie