[Sca-cooks] marshmallows

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Aug 29 06:54:52 PDT 2006

It's too early yet, to do anything besides helplessly giggle at this thread
(and wincing as Lainie's ex's lips go "tsst" ;o).  I'm laughing at Evil
Spawn not knowing how to cook a marshmallow (what does "UUY" stand for,
Master A?), remembering how we used to cook them as kids when camping (using
the slip-coat method, and having contests to see how many layers one could
successfully cook, and the searches to find the perfect, green stick to cook
them on), and having the best time watching a bunch of creditable,
professional, grown-up food geeks revert to childhood.  It's grand, and a
perfectly lovely way to start my morning! (much better than contemplating
going to work!)  Woo-hoo for an extended silly season!
Y'all can have my share of the world's puffy pillows of joy, though.  I
can't stand them (lost my taste for them as an adult, and that includes
using them in s'mores).
--Maire, on the sidelines of the rally, waving her "Make Love, Not
Marshmallows" sign.....