[Sca-cooks] marshmallow recipe

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Aug 29 17:28:13 PDT 2006

On Aug 29, 2006, at 7:38 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> Supper's over so I can spend some more time on this
> SO if you want to make your own from scratch
> and go ultra-
> Ya gotta check out Martha Stewart's recipe here
> https://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?
> type=content&id=recipe1231&contentGroup=MSL&site=living
> *S'more Squares*
> Makes 9
> This recipe is best with our homemade marshmallows (steps one through
> four). They can be prepared up to two days ahead.
>
> Johnnae

This looks fairly similar to the "Cooking for Engineers" recipe
posted earlier, about which the author of same said something about
them being a little too sweet on the outside (they're dusted with
powdered sugar; maybe their higher surface area makes a difference as
compared to the regular commercial jobbies).

I wonder if the same product could be achieved using less sugar?

Adamantius