[Sca-cooks] Playing the Art Game Again

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 1 09:55:42 PST 2006

Hmm.  Looks like sugar cane and several nice things to do with it!  The
nut bars look to me like Mediterranean Christmas treat Turron, doesn't
it?  'Tis the season.

My guess on the white rings would be some kind of decorated meringues.
Iberian [particularly Portuguese] sweets run heavily to egg yolks, they
had to do something with the whites!

Putting my Heraldry/Name Consultant hat on for a moment:  I'm going to
keep that artist's name handy too, as a real period example of a
mixed-culture name.  Yes, Spain did have close interaction with the
Netherlands, didn't it?

Selene