[Sca-cooks] Playing the Art Game Again

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Dec 1 09:45:18 PST 2006

Time to play the art game again.

It's been really quiet and the weather up here west of Ann Arbor, MI
has been very wet with icy conditions early.Snow expected yet this
afternoon with a high
wind warning. So being housebound but with power, I thought I'd
share the latest paintings I have found of interesting desserts..

The artist today is Juan van der Hamen y Leon (1596-1631)
http://www.pages.mi.it/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/tavolaImbandita.jpg

Want to weigh in with a guess as to what the iced rings are?

Here's another
http://www.lindamann.com/otherpainters/vdhamen.htm
Good picture here of those fruit paste boxes that were being discussed
last month.

*//*Johnnae