[Sca-cooks] Ableskievers

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Dec 4 06:27:04 PST 2006

Ableskivers! Yumm! Haven't had them in decades, although I have a pan
(inherited from my folks...don't know how they got it).  It looks a bit like
an upside-down, cast-aluminum frying pan, with a number of 1.5" or so
circular depressions in the top.  The pan is placed over a burner and heated
up, and the goodies are cooked in the little circles.  I remember them as
almost a cross between a pancake and a "donut hole," and we usually added a
dollup of homemade applesauce to the centers....mmmm...
You can find recipes online.  Dunno where you'd get a pan--specialty store
or something? You can probably google for it.
--Maire, who thinks you're a very interesting person, even if the wrong
gender (well, wrong gender for *her* ;o)