[Sca-cooks] Ableskievers

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Dec 5 08:24:50 PST 2006

Everyone else, I'm still waiting for the Old Family Recipes...Selene

I got my recipes for these out of the Penfield Press cookbooks.
They do a series of small inexpensive paperback cookbooks.
All of them feature traditional recipes.Many of them are from
that area in and around Pella, Iowa.
One of the titles is:
*AEBLESKIVER AND MORE
A Sampling of Danish Recipes
$6.95*
Aebleskiver is a doughnut-like treat that can turn an ordinary meal into
a succulent feast. This book contains numerous aeblesskiver recipes, but
also covers coffee cakes, sweet breads, and pastries; breads, rolls, and
rusks; smorrebrod; salads; soups; main dishes; vegetables; sauces and
dressings; cakes; cookies; and drinks. A delight!
Spiral-bound, 5-1/2 x 3-1/2", 166 pages. ISBN 1-932043-18-7

http://www.penfieldbooks.com/category.php?category=5

Johnnae