[Sca-cooks] Which Kitchenaid

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Sat Dec 9 14:57:18 PST 2006

well, I have "worn out" a Kitchenaid mixer.   Let it be said that  it did
catch on fire right after I got it and they replaced the innards at that  time
and then someone else opened it and did something that later, a repair  person
said was not correct.  Anyway, the gears corroded and had to be  replaced after
about 25 years and then they just sort of started to fail..sort  of like a
car transmission:  first the low..then the middle ones,  etc.  I replaced it 2
years ago and am very happy with the new  one.  I had thought to buy the
"Artisan" model as a replacement as it  came in such nice colors and was always on
sale..but a friend got one for  Christmas and when I tried to use my double
cookie dough recipe in it (that my  former mixer handled with no problem), it
almost burned the motor  out!   So...I went for the Professional (525?) with the
larger bowl  and the arms...it's WONDERFUL!   I have most of the attachments,
but  would really like the "new" pasta machine!  The strainer is invaluable at
 canning time: tomato sauce and applesauce practically make themselves!
Since the attachments fit all models (with the exception of ones that lock into
the base rather than attach to the motor), my buddy with the Artisan has been
borrowing them all Fall.  hmmm...I guess I know what to get him for
Christmas!

Etain