[Sca-cooks] Which Kitchenaid

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 12:51:57 PST 2006

Lilinah wrote:
I noticed that my local CostCo is selling a KitchenAid mixer. And i
periodically see KitchenAid mixers marked down in various shops. But
i don't know if they are worth the couple hundred bucks... I might be
buying into a model that's too small (i'd be using it for feasts), or
the low end model with a weak heart... errr, motor, or a version that
can't take useful attachments...

And which attachments are useful? I seem to recall a discussion of
the sausage stuffer in which it appears that hand stuffing was better
than the KitchenAid...
Any hints appreciated.

In reply I must say:
KitchenAid and attachments have reduced my cupboard space enormously,
that with Thermomix which unfortunately is not available in the states,
only in Europe. With those two products and a toaster oven, conventional
oven and a microwave, I have thrown out the juicer, coffee grinder, food
processors what have you. KitchenAid like Thermomix are steal products
which last a life time.  I haven't thought about the sausage stuffer as
I have an army of employees who come in every January for our pig
slaughters but yeah, I should pull it out as we sacrifice five pigs
every January. Perhaps we could cut labor costs or at least fatigue with
that addition. Stuffing takes two days on our feet before our grand
banquet to which we invite 250 people. What a great idea! With the other
optional attachments I make pasta, juice and a whole lot of other
things.  I have had my mixer for 25 years and never needed repairs,
knock on wood.
For me KitchenAid has been a total investment although the price smarts.
Suey