[Sca-cooks] artificial sweeteners (was Re: preventing apple oxidation)

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Mon Dec 18 08:30:13 PST 2006

I feel very strongly about using artificial and substitutes in feasts.
I have read too much on the dangers of artificial sweetners that I would
not inflict these on other people unless someone contacted me in advance
with a specific allergy.  I would then make a subsititute dish that
would accomodate that person (providing I had enough advance notice).
If I choose to have a drink or other product containing an artificial
sweetner that is my choice and I go to great lengths to avoid anything
that has aspartame or MSG in it.

Just my two cents worth.

Marina