[Sca-cooks] Candied Orange Peel

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 21 14:20:51 PST 2006

Selene wrote regarding cutting orange peel into shapes:

>I would probably do it before, even though they may not all
>hold up without tearing, because once they are dry and hard
> it might be Very Difficult to get the cutter through this
>medium-hard-ball sugar stuff.

With the recipe I use (Dawson), the orange peel is never dry and hard.  It
is moist and often quite flexible.  However, it would be pretty sticky with
all the sugar syrup that has been absorbed into the peel.  So, cutting
beforehand would be easier.  Warning, though... Keep the shapes fairly
uniform without thin, pointy parts.  Those tend to break off in the boiling
and stirring.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com