[Sca-cooks] Grains of Paradise

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Thu Dec 21 22:25:32 PST 2006

I've always wondered if we don't see the dropping off of the use of Grains
of Paradise because of this very thing.  Wars in Africa which cut the trade
routes so thoroughly and so long that people got out of the habit of using
them.  Real Pepper began to be available at a semi-reasonable price so that
by the time Grains of Paradise came back there wasn't a market for them.

Regina
es of long peppers and grains of paradise sold at Whole Foods)