[Sca-cooks] Grains of Paradise

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 30 06:12:49 PST 2006

I think this may be a questionable speculation, as tribal wars were being
fought during the period grains of paradise were being imported into Europe.
In my opinion, a more likely culprit was drought, making the caravan routes
to the Mediterranean more difficult and deadly.  However, to make reasonably
accurate opinion, we need to know more about the cultivation and harvesting
of grains of paradise, their geographical relation to the rulers of the day,
and who controled the trade and how it was conducted.

Bear