[Sca-cooks] Half an outcast!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 23 12:52:26 PST 2006

On Dec 23, 2006, at 7:25 PM, Suey wrote:

> My Three Kings receive fine red wine and a
> plate of turron.

Sounds good to me!

> Although they shall receive theirs once again this
> holiday season they have already given me a gift far grander than
> anything Wall Mart offers which is human love.

I'm sorry, I read too quickly and thought you meant Walmart offers
human love. I was going to say, you don't know Walmart very well, do
you? Let's just say that if they were a former Soviet republic and
not a US corporation, we'd be all over them for human rights abuses.

But then I reread what you wrote and got your point. I'm very happy
you got your miracle!

>     Seriously my Christmas has not been ruined at all as I was joking.
> Thanks to the care of my three Kings since July when I became crippled
> they have spent all these months taking me to doctors and holding my
> hand throughout analysis, surgery and therapy. They helped me to learn
> to walk again and to climb and descend stairs step by step, day by
> day.
> Slowly I have been able resume my obligations which they took over
> when
> bedridden for more than three months. They have miraculously helped me
> come out of my depression, helped me to laugh with them again and
> given
> me energy and inspiration to resume my work, read your messages with
> enthusiasm and sometimes reply. What more can one ask for Christmas?
> May your Christmas be as blessed,

Some historians have argued that there is no historical proof or
basis for the existence of King Arthur. Other historians have argued
that if you draw maps based on what we know, there's a steady
expansion of Teutonic invaders across Britain, then a mysterious,
unprecedented halting, for about fifty years. Then they begin to move
again, eventually turning Britain into a largely Teutonic-held land.
That fifty-year period, which nobody has really managed to explain
very well, is assumed by some to represent the Age of Arthur.

I'm thinking Santa Claus is similar -- I don't have any evidence that
there's an old fat man with a white beard (actually I never thought
of him as all that old, or even all that fat). He just makes a
convenient conceptual explanation for otherwise unexplained phenomena.

Adamantius, not a baron

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04