[Sca-cooks] Christmas foodie goodies....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Dec 26 09:06:39 PST 2006

I have hope that this is reaching someone out there, although I've not
gotten list messages since the weekend, maybe even since Friday.  Nothing
I've sent has bounced...weird....
I wanted to brag about my cooking prezzies! ;o)  Normally, I don't get too
many, as I'm more known for a fondness for kitties, and for textile and
needlework stuff.  But this year, I got Cool Stuff!  I have two whisks from
the King Arthur Flour Co--wooden handles, and heavy wire whisk part, one is
for bread making and the other for muffins.  I also have a new, heavier
chef's knife (a Henckel), to match my smaller one.  And there's a cool
little measuring gadget with a magnet on it, so it sticks to my fridge.
It's got this movable doohickey so you can change the amount it holds
(anything from 1/4 t. to 2 T), and has both Imperial and Metric.  And a
French press/coffee carafe that is insulated and unbreakable. I also rated
two cookbooks (one on tea goodies, and another on One Pot Meals, which I
thought was a gourmet version of crock pot stuff, but turns out to be
cooler).  And a copy of Hieatt's "Concordance of English Recipes."  And
eatables! Chocolates and organic coffee, and fresh fruits, and spiced
apple-honey wine, and a nifty bag of sea salt/meditterranean herb blend that
just cries to be a crusty layer on a leg of lamb or something....mmmmm....
Hope everyone out there had a lovely Festivus, too!
--Maire, waiting for her cold to go away so she can *taste* some of this
stuff