[Sca-cooks] Christmas Dinner

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 27 17:22:58 PST 2006

> I cooked the usual suspects:
> Brined Turkey, stuffed with apple, onion, and celery, and
> roasted at 325 F for 5 hours
>
> Corn Bread dressing (recipe available upon request)
>
> Green Bean casserole (recipe on the back of French’s French
> fried onions)
>
> Sweet Potato soufflé (recipe available upon demand – no marshmallows)
>
> Half defrosted peaches with Splenda and Sour Cream

I collaborated with my fiancée for Christmas Dinner:
Appetizer plate: crackers, artichoke dip, mixed nuts, cheese ball,
stuffed celery (peanut butter, cream cheese, or NSA Cream Cheese
Frosting (see below)

Bone-in Ribeye Roast
	(stab liberally with meat fork; mix desired spices [thyme,
pepper] with 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and rub in.
	(Add 1/2 cup water; roast covered for first hour.
	(Reserve 1/2 cup of pot liquor to cool for gravy when removing
lid, but replace with at least a cup of water -- ideally, roast is
suspended
      (above bottom of pan by wire rack.
Gravy (Had to deglaze roasting pan to make up volume, and revive
drippings...)

Sweet Potatoes glazed (on the stovetop, no marshmallows involved)

Oven-baked Acorn Squash with apple stuffing (Halve and scoop out acorn
squash, discard seeds&goop; invert onto a cookie pan [sheet *with* rim
strongly suggested for clean-up purposes].  In covered baking dish,
place two diced apples [dice WITH peel on], two teaspoons minced onion,
two tablespoons finely diced celery, tablespoon water, two teaspoons
melted butter, mix well. Dish goes into same oven as squash, 45 minutes
@ 325F.  Don't be put off by the caramelized liquid cooked out of the
squash -- it's tasty, if one cares for such things... Turn squash
upright, spoon in cooked apple mixture, serve -- we cut the halves in
half and serve four, with such a feast for certain.)

Pearl Onions in white sauce
Green Peas
Carrots
Asparagus
(microwave) Steamed Mushrooms

(commercial) Wild & Long-grain Rice
(frozen) Green Bean Casserole
(purchased) Mince Pie
(purchased) Crusty Rolls OR Hawaiian Rolls

Fresh Fruit
NSA Pumpkin Bread with NSA Cream Cheese Frosting (both from the Splenda
cookbook)
Pumpkin Pie

Christmas candies &c.

Still stuffed...

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
MCBaker216 at cs.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |