[Sca-cooks] Santa bring any cool cooking stuff?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Dec 29 11:35:56 PST 2006

Margali got me a nice little individual casserole, so I can make stuff
for myself that she/they don't like. For example, they loathe
anchovies, and I love them in Janssen's Temptation, so this way I can
make myself a batch, without having to make a big pot full (it needs a
certain amount of depth to cook right). And, btw, I was experimenting
the other day, and we discovered that Janssen's Temptation does very
well with bacon instead of anchovies- but, I prefer the anchovies.

For those of you who weren't here last time I discussed it, it's
potatoes sliced as thin as you can make them, latered with onions
sliced as thin as you can slice them, and a very few anchovies in each
layer. Generally, the only spicing you want is a bit of ground pepper.
Cover all with cream, almost to the top and bake until taters are just
tender (time and temp vary depending on what else you're cooking and
how much you have in the casserole) and 15 minutes before you want to
serve it, refresh the cream until it just covers everything. Can add
butter, if you think you need a bit more butter fat in your diet ;-)
As to depth, you want it at least an inch and a half deep for it to
cook right, it's better at 2 or 3.