[Sca-cooks] Sad news from Atlantia

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 17:22:03 PST 2006

Well, truth be told, I've never quite figured that out.  Duke Michael seemed
to take a dislike to me before he ever really met me...and I guess I angered
him even more because I have this little thing about following the laws of
Atlantia and the SCA.  I managed to thwart his desires on several
occasions...now allowing him to close a Principality order and open the
Kingdom order with the same name...a violation of heraldic law, not passing
a set of arms that he designed for his "lady love" (or so she thought!)
because they violated most of the rules of period heraldry...etc., etc.
Michael of Bedford seems to have this idea that laws apply to everyone but
him.  He actually did try to banish me from the SCA but was told by the
entire Curia that only the Board of Directors could do that!  He then tried
each level of banishment/suspension until they finally agreed that he had
reached the one he could actually do...but, because he had to notify both me
and the Laurel King of Arms in writing...and the suspension didn't take
effect until 3 days after I received the notice, the suspension lasted about
12 hours...seems the Curia in question was held the last weekend of his
reign, the weekend before Coronation!  Funny how that worked out!

So there you go..the tale of how Kiri almost got banished from the SCA!

Kiri