[Sca-cooks] Banishments was: Re: Sad news from Atlantia

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Dec 31 05:01:23 PST 2006

At 04:51 AM 12/31/2006, you wrote:
>What happened was that I was suspended from the Kingdom office that I
>held...at the time, I was Triton Principal Herald.  Essentially, Michael was
>told that, especially given the fact that there was only one week left in
>his reign, he couldn't really do anything but that.  Any form of banishment
>would have taken longer to put into effect.  I suppose he could have
>banished me from his presence, but I doubt that even that could have
>happened in that short a time.
>
>Kiri

Doesn't sound like a Banishment From Presence would have bothered you
much... ;-)

I have to say, for all I have heard the 'trip to the bani-shed' bandied
about in conversations (oddly, seems to happen a lot in them thar' 'A'
kingdoms- what's up with that?) I really have seen few, and those have been
either political moves, or long-term problem people who pushed until the
royals _had_ to act. (Recent example of my knowledge the royals concerned
really didn't want to, as it was clear the person concerned really wanted
to call himself 'martyr', but the offense was very public, and the
reprimand had to be of equal scale. Bad situation.) Doesn't seem to happen
to plain ol' gossips, or mean people or idiots who shouldn't be on the
field until they grow up a bit. We really are pretty lenient. And I think
that's the way it should be.

Just my two livres, of course.

'Lainie