[Sca-cooks] Playing the Art Game Again

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 1 10:57:40 PST 2006

*//*Johnnae declared:
<<< Time to play the art game again.

The artist today is Juan van der Hamen y Leon (1596-1631)
http://www.pages.mi.it/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/tavolaImbandita.jpg

Want to weigh in with a guess as to what the iced rings are? >>>

I'm afraid I haven't got the foggiest idea, although they sure are
fancy.

Is that paper clinging to the top and bottom of the candy/nut
confection on the left? Or some kind of icing/marchepane? I'd say paper.

What are the cane/tuber items in the lower right? They don't look
quite like sugar cane.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas