[Sca-cooks] Since things are quiet. What do you want for Christmas?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Fri Dec 8 16:16:40 PST 2006

At 03:50 PM 12/8/2006,Michael Gunter said something like:

>After mentioning the Le Cruset cookware I thought it would be
>fun if people posted what cooking equipment they would like
>to get for Christmas.
>
>I'd like some camp cooking tools. A nice cast iron griddle. Maybe
>a kopje. Or some period ceramic cookware.
>
>I also want to get the sausage and grain mill attachments for my
>Kitchenade.
>
>So, plop on Santa's knee and tell him what you want for Christmas.
>
>Gunthar

I need a new kitchenaid stand mixer, mine gave up the ghost doing rye bread
for last weekend's Winter Arts feast.  Dragon has offered me one of his
thats used and cosmetically mangled, at a bargain price, but it has no
attachments.

I'd also _adore_ finding some Flint cookware by the Ekco company. I have 2
items that were passed to me by my late mother in law, that she received as
wedding presents (I believe). They are just as awesome and sturdy now as
they were back then.  Nothing can beat that particular pancake turner, and
nobody else makes one that good. It's a metal blade and a bakelite type
handle.  My slotted spoon disappeared a while back, and I have a regular spoon.

If Santa Claus could dig out an easy plan for a large scale primitive
kitchen setup for cleaning up after feasts, that would be great too. I'd do
more of the baronial feasts in the "wilds" if there was a practical way of
cleaning up.  I'm thinking we might (as a group) start exploring a large
size heat exchanger system.  The baron does it with a coil of copper tubing
set in a charcoal chimney (filled with burning charcoal), and both ends
extend into a bucket of water. It heats up very nicely that way. We just
need a lot more water than one bucket.

Cabana boys that clean things up for me and rub my feet and bring me fruity
adult beverages are always on order too. There's a major shortage of those.

cheers,
Maggie MacD.