[Sca-cooks] Since things are quiet. What do you want forChristmas?

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 8 19:19:34 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
> fun if people posted what cooking equipment they would like
> to get for Christmas.
>
> I'd like some camp cooking tools. A nice cast iron griddle. Maybe
> a kopje. Or some period ceramic cookware.
>
> I also want to get the sausage and grain mill attachments for my
> Kitchenade.
>
> So, plop on Santa's knee and tell him what you want for Christmas.
>
> Gunthar   < < < < < < <

Two things needed in my current kitchen are:  an electric knife sharpener .
. . the one recommended by Cook's Illustrated as not eating my knife; and a
hanging pot rack.  I have a strange galley sort of setup without a good
place to hang on free hanging, so it would be a wall mounted sort of affair
that sticks out in a half-rectangle or semi-circle.

If Santa really has time and a couple of licensed elves, a couple of 220V
outlets and/or about 4 new 110V outlets would rock!  I have exactly ONE
outlet in my kitchen and it is nowhere near where I need one.  I have three
in my pantry, but one in the kitchen three times the size.  Guys who
'rennovated' the kitchen didn't have functionality in mind . . . I think his
wife didn't use kitchen so much for cooking.  House was built in 1861, so
it's all aftermarket anyway . .. .

niccolo difrancesco
(whose heater is struggling to keep up in 20F weather in Western GA)