[Sca-cooks] Since things are quiet. What do you want for Christmas?

Chawkswrth at aol.com Chawkswrth at aol.com
Fri Dec 8 20:38:13 PST 2006

In a message dated 12/08/2006 10:00:55 PM Central Standard Time,
rcmann4 at earthlink.net writes:

> If your family does  the Internet Thing, you could start a Amazon.com
> wish list.  No cluefulness needed -- just a credit card.

I wish-we are talking about a 77 year-old who refuses to learn how to turn on
a computer and a soon-to-be 101 year old, who thinks computers are a fad.
"The only computer I ever need is this pencil here! You don't need fancy
expensive gadgets to work! Just use your brain!"

There are more anachronisms then just us, folks. To be fair, he is a direct
link to the Civil War days. His Grandfather told him stories of then and the
Southern Reconstruction Days, such as; the Mountain folks were so poor, they
didn't have ways of buying anything, including salt. They had to go to the smoke
house, dig up the floor, and boil out the salt from the dirt, to get enough to
prepare their pork meat for the winter...

I will set up that account, when I have time to play with it some, for there
are a couple of books on Elizabethan garb that really want, too.
thank you!

Helen
How's that for obligatory food content? <G>