[Sca-cooks] Which Kitchenaid

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 9 20:46:14 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
> > > > In reply I must say:
KitchenAid and attachments have reduced my cupboard space enormously,
that with Thermomix which unfortunately is not available in the states,
only in Europe. With those two products and a toaster oven, conventional
oven and a microwave, I have thrown out the juicer, coffee grinder, food
processors what have you. KitchenAid like Thermomix are steal products
which last a life time.  < SNIP > > > > > >

'Nother great thing about Kitcheaid is that they build in a nylon gear in
the drive train tyhat is a designed stress fail.  It will crack or destroy
the gear before killing the motor or other vital works.  I cracked mine on
some packed brown sugar that I softened in the microwave to pack, then it
re-hardened in the cup.  the beater came around and . . . WHAMMO!  $0 bucks
for new gear, and I was back in action.  My kind of engineering.

niccolo difrancesco