[Sca-cooks] Grains of Paradise

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 30 05:57:08 PST 2006

Sounds bogus to me.

Sumatra is part of Indonesia and AFAIK there is no embargo on goods from
there.

Gernot Katzer states that most imports of grains of paradise come from
Ghana.  According to the CIA Ghana is stable with a freely elected
government and not currently involved in the troubles in West Africa other
than taking in refugees from Liberia.  Ghana, BTW, is increasing the
production of grains of paradise, apparently in response to a slowly growing
demand.

Bear