[Sca-cooks] The Developing 2006 New Year's Eve menu...

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Dec 31 15:11:50 PST 2006

On 12/31/06, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> Ack! What, no Black-eyed peas and ham?
>
> (Looks like Someone is getting a crash course in interesting food! ;-)
>
> 'Lainie

I've been simmering some ham hocks all day, with some hot spices.
Removed the bones about 2, added some collard greens and some leftover
wild rice (was planning on adding barley, but thought I'd better use
the leftovers) just now, will add some saurkraut in a while, about to
make some corn bread. Dunno what R&M are going to have- Margali
doesn't like ham hocks, but when I'm done, I'll have a nice
stick-to-your ribs stew for lunch for most of the rest of the week. A
stew like this goes really well over a baked potato. when you want a
bit of extra carbs.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psalm 146
King James Bible