[Sca-cooks] Book in Production

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Feb 6 07:59:06 PST 2006

The book that I worked on for much of late 2004 and into 2005
has been announced--

Concordance of English Recipes: Thirteenth to Fifteenth Centuries
By Constance Hieatt
This work is a concordance to culinary recipes recorded in England in
the 13th, 14th, and 15th centuries: the earliest English culinary
recipes on record. A few of medieval origin which continued to be
recorded in the 16th and 17th centuries appear in an appendix. The
recipes listed have all appeared in print; unpublished manuscripts known
to the authors have been excluded since most readers would be unable to
refer to them. Recipes are listed under their titles as they appear in
the source manuscripts, collated in order alphabetically under their
lemmatized recipe names.
(ISBN: 978-0-86698-357-0 / MR 312) The press is MRTS-- Medieval and
Renaissance Texts and Studies.
http://www.asu.edu/clas/acmrs/publications/mrts/news.html

Although we aren't listed in this announcement,
the title page of the book notes that it was co-authored by (the late)
Terry Nutter
With Johnna H. Holloway.

This makes a very cold Monday morning a bit warmer.

Johnnae llyn Lewis