[Sca-cooks] books to sell

"Ana L. Valdés" agora at algonet.se
Mon Feb 13 10:11:13 PST 2006

I discovered a marvelous software to classify my huge library,
Delicious, excellent, connected to Amazon database. Sadly, only for Mac
so far...
When I started to range my books I discovered several books I own two
copies of. Maybe could be interesting to someone in the list, the books
are in English and in French.
They are all listed on Amazon: Le Viandier de Taillevent, in French,
facsimile edition
The Curiosities of Food, Peter Lund Simmons lovely collection of strange
foods and recipes
Par Mets et par Vines, Voyages et Gastronomie en Europe XVI-XVIII
siecles, in French
Early French Cookery. Sources, History. Terence Scullys research
The Debt to Pleasure, novel with culinary flavour
The Art of Cookery Made Plain and Easy, facsimile edition
Pomp and Sustenance, 25 centuries of Sicilian Food, great history of
Sicily, period food and modern food
The Art of Cookery in the Middle Ages, Terence Scully, superb
introduction to the cuisine in the Middle Ages
Consuming Passions, the Uses of Cannibalism in Late Medieval and Early
Modern Europe, excellent scholar work about the tabu of cannibalism and
the religious connotations
The Art of Eating Well, the Italian cookbible
Pratiques et discours alimentaires a la Rennaisance, actes du Colloque
de Tours, scholar papers from the celebre symposium held in Tours 1979,
based on the uses of food in the Rennaisance

Several of them are listed on very high prices, I wonder if some library
or some University can buy them.
My economy is now a very shaky economy and I must get as much money I
can, to buy more books :)

Ana