[Sca-cooks] almond cream substitute for yogurt

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 19 19:51:05 PST 2006

Does anyone know if you can make yogurt or a yogurt substitute from
Almond milk?

'Lainie

You can make a very passable soft cheese by boiling the fresh ground
milk and then putting it in cheesecloth and letting it drain.  Add sugar
or not during the boiling.

Christianna
<<<

Okay, I was considering this recipe to be more of a "cream" for
fillings and such, but in re-reading this file it looks like some
would consider this a "cheese". So, for those interested, I think
this is the recipe that Christianna is speaking of. It also has a
number of other comments on making this.

almond-cream-msg  (28K)  6/17/04    A sweet custard filling used in
sotelties.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/almond-cream-msg.html

Stefan
--------