[Sca-cooks] medieval recipes using tripe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 21 22:03:23 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/18/2006 8:34:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
phelpsd at gate.net writes:
<<I've an article recently published in Tournaments Illuminated
regarding my
thoughts on choosing what to serve at feast.  I would be  interested
in the
thoughts of others on the subject and upon my  article.>>

Ummm. We were late getting our SCA memberships renewed (and the CA
and TI subscriptions), so I've got the nasty suspicion that we
probably won't be getting that issue. Or maybe I just missed it.
Which TI issue was it?

  Brangwayna then commented in her reply:

I probably would do a tripe recipe in
small quantities if I felt it appropriate to the feast.
<<<

I've had tripe in some Pho (Vietnamese soup). I was rather
unimpressed with it. Probably because of the texture.

I think I may have one or two recipes using tripe in my organ-meats-
msg file. I've forgotten, but what is tripe?

Does anyone have any period recipes using tripe? Have you cooked the
recipe? Did you like it?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas