[Sca-cooks] dropped and out of order message problem on Ansteorra server

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 19:53:29 PST 2006

This is the message that Pug sent to the Ansteorra list today about
delivery and message out of order problems.

Stefan

Mail is an amazing and unpredictable creature.

We have seen major problems with att.net and yahoo.com in the last
week. This
is causing deliveries to those ISPs to be delayed. Right now there
are about
3000 messages queued to Yahoo alone. This is a particular problem
when these
ISPs have issues because they only allow a system to deliver 5
messages at a
time or they feel it is a SPAM attack instead of mailing list
traffic. I will
keep a close eye on this today and nurture it through these 3000
messages.

This is on top of pug.net having issues due to a memory leak in an
application
that caused it to delay messages to my lovely wife. This is resolved.

Ciao,
-Pug
<<<
--------