[Sca-cooks] Suggestions for handling A&S food displays

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 23 23:39:33 PST 2006

Betsy Marshall asked:

Ooh, helpful hints, Please?

-----Original Message-----
Necessity drives... at an A/S one cannot bring the item and the judge
reliably together on a time table i.e. to cook a hot dish and have it
served
properly... ditto for several.  Cold dishes can sit a bit longer some
sauces can be kept warm for longish periods without hazard to them.

Daniel

Silly boy.  Why don't you check with the local cooking Laurel before you
decide things like that (especially when said Laurel has many years
experience at catering and keeping things warm in odd places)?  There
are ways and ways.

Mairi Ceilidh
<<<

This file in the CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS section of the Florilegium
includes several comments and suggestions about keeping food at the
right temperature at A&S contests.

AS-food-msg       (30K)  2/24/06    Displaying food items at A&S events.

Please note that I just updated this file earlier today. If you want
the latest version, wait a week or two. Or if you really need it
before then, email me and I'll see about getting it online.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com