[Sca-cooks] Bread machine revisited...

Philip Troy philtroy at verizon.net
Sun Feb 26 06:25:51 PST 2006

Hullo, the list!

This is actually a question from my lady wife, who has made this a
project of her own: does anyone have a tested, salt-free recipe for a
[n otherwise] standard white, high-gluten French or Italian, or whole
wheat loaf, specifically designed for a bread machine?

So far, all we've got is a book on order, which speaks of using an
unspecified, lower proportion of quick-rising yeast, and a faster
cycle with one rise only. Apparently the technique takes advantage of
the behavior of both yeast and gluten when not in them presence of
salt: generally, things inflate very quickly and then collapse
quickly, too, so the trick is to bake them quickly before that happens.

However, baking being baking and not cooking, I was wondering if
anyone had a detailed set of instructions for this one.

Many thanks!

Adamantius