[Sca-cooks] Rue

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 25 02:29:24 PST 2006

Brighid ni Chiarain pointed out about rue:

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:
 >> What would you pick for herbs that are very useful for both food and
 >> medicine or other nonfood uses and grow well in the US, Canada,
 >> and Europe?

 > 7. Rue (not really good for food, though)

A calligrapher of my acquaintance said that rue can be used as a
pigment.  In any case, it has lovely foliage, and remains unmolested in
my deer-infested neighborhood.
<<<

For some more about rue:
rue-msg           (26K)  9/18/04    Medieval uses of the herb "rue".
Cautions.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/rue-msg.html

Stefan
--------