[Sca-cooks] Anna Wecker and sauteed potatoes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 2 19:16:46 PST 2006

If I got the count right, Aresty listed 173 of the cookbooks in her
collection in The Delectable Past, starting with a Latin manuscript of
Apicius from 1420 to an American cookbook from 1901.  She failed to list the
German, Japanese and children's cookbooks.  It is a rather impressive
selection and it was 32 more years before she donated it to the University
of Pennsylvania.

Bear