[Sca-cooks] [OOP] KitchenAid question

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Feb 6 07:07:43 PST 2006

 Greetings
 A grinder is not the best machine for making nut butters. Nut butter
requires additional oil powder nuts or seeds require  the oil to be removed
 The problem for powdered nuts or seeds is moisture it is best to dry what
ever seed your using as much as possible. Either through baking or toasting
them first. Start with coarse plates then work down to finer ones. Pay
strict attention to your machine . If it binds , stop immediately clear the
worm and plates and start again . Slow feeding is better then fast, be very
careful to not over feed. Simply avoid putting more in then your machine can
handle. A few times of having to clear the internals will teach you a lot.
 In making a nut butter a food processor is actually better because you can
control the amount of oil being added by sight.
 Da