[Sca-cooks] Smart balance

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 11:57:53 PST 2006

Arianwen ferch Arthur wondered:
Smart balance I have heard of (our comissary carries
it) but I thought it had palm and/or coconut oil in
it?

and (Shudder) I have even lived with filled milk!

It does have some of the saturated vegetable oils in it.  This is how
the product stays (mostly) solid at room temperature.  Otherwise, it is
all unsaturated fats that have not been hydrogenated, a process that
would normally be used to keep these oils in a solid state, but one that
creates trans-fatty acids that lead to free radicals in the blood, and
those are Bad ThingsT.  Still a much better option than margarine, and
vegan to boot.

Ok, I'll bite, what is filled milk?
Christianna