[Sca-cooks] Speaking of Lent....

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Feb 17 14:15:21 PST 2006

At 08:10 AM 2/17/2006, you wrote:

>         I was thinking about this last week.  Who's up for the Lenten
>Food Challenge this year?

Oy.

Well, I'm planning to give up meat during Lent. And chocolate. I don't eat
a whole lot of meat anymore, so the lack of chocolate will hurt more. :-/)
And I'm planning to go all out and cut the eggs and dairy for the week
before Easter, like I did last year. Should be a little easier to do, being
as we won't have the kitchen offline (last year we were replacing the
flooring that week). I am not much of a fish eater, so I'll have to be
creative. And I found last year that I don't especially care for almond
milk in my tea, so I'll have to figure that out too. But I do plan to
explore more of the fast recipes from COI and the 2 15th c Cookery Books
(my texts of choice).

Does anyone know if you can make yogurt or a yogurt substitute from almond
milk?

'Lainie

"The test of our progress is not whether we add to the abundance of those
who have much. It is whether we provide enough to those who have
little."    ­ Franklin Delano Roosevelt