[Sca-cooks] Arte cisoria English translation?

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Feb 19 19:19:16 PST 2006

Ok I ran this to see what I could locate--

It's part of the online texts at
http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/FichaObra.html?Ref=708&proced=boletin_general_83
It's one of those volumes like the Forme of Cury that wasn't
published until the 18th century.

It was published with a concordance which might help in translation.
37 Enrique de Villena. Text and Concordance of Arte cisoria, Escorial
MS. f.iv.1. Edited by John O'Neill. (Madison, 1987) 8 pp. + 2
microfiches. (ISBN 0-942260-98-8) $10.00

http://www.leabooks.com/LEA-Spanish%20Pages/Hispanic%20Studies/Hispanic%20Society/Hispanic%20Seminary-Spanish%20Series.htm

There was a reprint--
Villena, Enrique de Aragón, marqués de, 1384-1434.
Main Title: 	Arte cisoria, o, Tratado del arte del cortar del cuchillo /
que escribió Don Henrique de Aragón, marqués de Villena.
Published/Created: 	Madrid : G. Blázquez, [1981?]
Related Titles: 	Arte cisoria.
ISBN: 	8485944011
Notes: 	Reprint. Originally published: 1766.

and another
Villena, Enrique de Aragón, marqués de, 1384-1434.
Arte cisoria, o, Arte de cortar los alimentos y servir la mesa /
Enrique de Villena ; presentación y actualización del texto, José-Luis
Martín. 	Salamanca : [s.n.], 1997.
	112 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
ISBN: 	8492295406

As to anyone working on it. No one is listed on the Online Culinary MSS
Project pages. You might ask on that list and see if anyone there knows
anymore about it.

Hope this helps,

Johnnae