Spring Feast during Lent was Re: [Sca-cooks] Speaking of Lent....

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 19 19:48:15 PST 2006

Guenievre de Monmarche wrote:

>That seems a bit overstated - after all, we do at least play at being a
>monarchy. Somehow it seems like a period cook would have to cater to the
>tastes of his patrons/employers, I don't see as how we should be any
>different.

One difference is that I'm a volunteer.  Another is that, while I've had
the odd request to serve something in particular (and I'm pretty
indulgent about that), I've _never_ been asked/told _not_ to cook
something.  Not eating something you don't like is a personal choice.
Preventing anyone else from eating it is ridiculous.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Book now for Canterbury Faire
http://sg.sca.org.nz/cf.htm